Ideas for a green Christmas
Let this Christmas be an ocassion to offer our thanks to Nature for her abundance!
- Offer experiences instead of things as gifts.
- Recycle your greeting cards and wrapping paper. Instead of using wrapping paper, use a pretty cloth bag to put your gift in - this way the bag can be used again and again.
- Make a gift instead of buying one. Bake a cake, compose and sing a song for someone.
- If you do buy a gift, make sure it is ecosensitive. Avoid plastic and thermocole. Buy items made by groups that are helping dispriveleged groups.
- Choose a living tree in its own habitat and decorate it with food items that could support bird and animal life around it.
- Ask your Santa to wear a green costume!